Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Garnier BB Cream Review

Today I'm going to be talking about the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream. I've been told for a long time that I don't necessarily need to use a foundation because I have beautiful, clear skin. That's not always the case, but I decided to try a BB Cream out and see how well it worked with my skin and how much it would actually cover.

*I got the following information straight from Garnier's website:

History of BB Cream:
Originally used in Germany by dermatologists, the "Beauty Balm" aka "BB" helped protect, soothe and refine highly sensitive skin while providing light coverage. Later, Korean film stars found this all-in-one product as the perfect cosmetic. Once the women of Korea discovered the skincare secret of the starts they all wanted it. Today the BB craze has spread all across Asia, Europe and Australia, where women deem BB their ultimate beauty secret. Thanks to Garnier, now, the US can get in on the secret with the Garnier's BB Cream, Miracle Skin Perfector!

The Problem:
Skin concerns, such as discoloration, dullness, blotchiness and dryness can come from a number of different sources. It's hard to find just one product that addresses all these concerns at once. Garnier introduces its first BB Cream, Miracle Skin Perfector. Multi-benefit skincare that combines hydration with tinted minerals and vitamin C.

How It Works:
A combination of Hyaluronic Acid, Lipidure Microspheres + Glycerin retains water in the skin, allowing it to maintain superior moisture levels and improve softness and suppleness of skin for 24 hours. Vitamin C provides antioxidant properties, boosts radiance and luminosity of skin. Mineral Pigments delicately and immediately beautiful skin. The rich pigments instantly melt and spread flawlessly over skin.

Available in 2 shades: Light/Medium and Medium/Dark

The Results: 
Instantly: Skin looks naturally more even, radiant and smooth. After just one use, 96% of women reported instantly smoothed skin upon application, 90% of women noticed a more even complexion, and 93% of women said that their skin had a healthy glow after use. 

As you can see above, it is pretty thick. It is very easy to blend in and it doesn't dry fast. I don't have to work in sections to get it all on. For the sake of this review, I took a before and after picture with ONLY moisturizer, primer and this BB Cream. I don't have any concealer on because I wanted to see how much coverage I could get from the BB Cream by itself. 


BEFORE:
As you can probably already see, my skin has a lot of redness. I have a few breakouts but the main one is under my nose. My skin is pretty clear other than that. All I have on in this picture is my daily moisturizer and a face primer. 

AFTER:
I was shocked at how much coverage I actually got out of this BB Cream. I knew it would help with the redness and even out my skin tone, but I wasn't expecting this much! I'm pleasantly surprised by this product and have been using it a lot since I realized how well it works! With the help of some concealer, that zit under my nose and the area under my eyes would look perfect! I decided not to set my face with a powder afterwards because I liked the dewy appearance but if you don't like dewy, feel free to set your face!

Application: 
I applied this BB Cream with my Beauty Blender in this photo. I have applied it using my Flat Top Kabuki Brush (F80) from Sigma as well. I like either application- in the end, I feel like you get the same amount of coverage with either product. 

Have you tried Garnier's BB Cream? What did you think about it? Do you use any other BB Creams? If so, which ones and what are your thoughts on them?


Disclaimer: All reviews are my own honest thoughts and are not influenced in any way. I am not affiliated or linked to any of the brands mentioned in this blog. This product was purchased by me with my own money.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's some great coverage! I love BB creams. I actually just posted a review about a Dr Jart one if you want to hear my thoughts on it. BB creams are slowly starting to win over my heart. Great review!

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to look into these! My skin is always so dry, especially in the winter! Everything I put on tends to look cakey. Although I just bought some foundation from sephora and so far it has worked like magic!

    ReplyDelete