Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette - Saint


I have never owned anything from Kat Von D before and since I have a huge obsession with palettes, I decided to buy this one after seeing how gorgeous the colors looked! I've heard a lot of amazing things about her foundations, concealers and eyeliners but I honestly haven't heard very much about her eyeshadows. I was pleasantly surprised when I swatched them in Sephora! There is nothing worse than buying eyeshadows because of the colors (especially online) and then the colors aren't anything close to what you expected them to be. I've had that happen plenty of times and I've learned my lesson the hard way! I like to see things swatched by either myself or beauty bloggers so that I know for sure whether I will like the product or not.

Kat Von D products have the CUTEST packaging! I'm not going to lie.. the packaging did have a slight influence on my impulse to purchase this palette! ;)
Her eyeshadow palettes come with her signature autograph eyeliner pencil which I'm completely obsessed with! I already have one that I got about a month ago and I haven't even made a dent it! This will be a great back up for when I run out (probably the end of next year at this rate!!)
I love using this eyeliner on my tight line and bottom water line. It doesn't smudge or run which is a definite MUST!

Colors from left to right: Heavens, Enjoy the Silence, < 3, Downtown, Sunny, Pray for Me, Bookworm, Caravaggio.

Colors in this palette:
  • Heavens 
    • pearlized vanilla
  • Enjoy the Silence 
    • pearlized buttercream
  • < 3
    • pearlized pink
  • Downtown
    • pearlized rose gold
  • Sunny
    • pearlized gold
  • Pray For Me
    • pearlized taupe
  • Bookworm
    • pearlized brown
  • Caravaggio
    • dark matte brown

I know a lot of people prefer to purchase eyeshadow palettes that have a variety of shades and textures. This palette isn't for those of you that only use matte colors. All the colors (except one) are true shimmers- not glitters! I have no problem with shimmers since it's my favorite type of eyeshadow. I think they look gorgeous on everyone! I will definitely be purchasing more items from Kat Von D in the future! You can't go wrong with any of her products!!

If you are interested in this palette, you can buy it here. It costs $36 for 8 good sized eyeshadows and an amazing eyeliner!

Do you have any products from Kat Von D? What is your favorite and why?  

Disclaimer: All reviews are my own honest thoughts and are not influenced in any way. I am not affiliated or linked to any of the brands mentioned in this blog. This product was purchased by me with my own money.
post signature

3 comments:

  1. The shades are beautiful! I really need to try some of Kat Von D's products, I keep on hearing only good things about them! :)

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog! New follower :)

    This palette is really pretty! I've never heard of the Saint palette before, but I'm going to Sephora tomorrow so I'll definitely have to check it out! My favorite Kat Von D product is her Tattoo Liner. I did a full review on my blog if you're interested in trying it out. It's actually the first post I ever did, and I highly recommend it!

    Chelsea | tigerlovebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two of her older palettes and love them! This one is so nice too! I have to admit the packaging played a big role on getting them too :D

    ReplyDelete