Each PMD Personal Microderm includes the following:
- 1 PMD
- 7 exfoliating discs (1 white training, 2 green, and 4 blue)
- 1 electric cord
- 1 facial cap
- 1 body cap
- 1 reusable filter
- instructional DVD and pamphlet
I also received the 3 Step Daily Cell Regeneration System. It includes:
- Advanced Soothing Cleanser (60ml)
- Calming Neuro Neutralizing Toner (60ml)
- Professional Recovery Moisturizer (15ml)
The PMD Advanced Soothing Cleanser (Step 1) deeply cleans and purifies to gently remove dirt and oil without damaging the skin's natural barrier.The cleanser also soothes to actively reduce redness and irritation, while facilitating the skin's natural healing and repair process.
The PMD Calming Neuro Neutralizing Toner (Step 2) balances pH levels and renews essential skin cells for a fresh, glowing appearance. The innovative formula gently heals and revives damaged skin and reduces redness and irritation. It also minimizes the size and appearance of pores, while providing skin with improved tone and texture for a more luminious complexion.
The PMD Professional Recovery Moisturizer (Step 3) provides continual, clean hydration by locking in moisture, while improving its elasticity and firmness. The innovative formula also increases cell renewal and improves skins overall healing and repair process.
A LITTLE ABOUT MICRODERMABRASION
Microdermabrasion is a noninvasive form of exfoliation and mild skin resurfacing that removes the dead skin cells from the Stratum Corneum, the outer most layer of the skin. The Stratum Corneum is the layer of the skin affected by fine lines, wrinkles, blemishes, acne, and scaring. The concentrated microdermabrasion treatment exfoliates this skin layer to break apart these common imperfections. This then triggers the body’s healing mechanisms, causing the removed dead skin cells to be rapidly replaced with healthy, new ones.
Microdermabrasion provides several important benefits for the skin. The treatment smoothes away dull and rough skin texture, and it softens fine lines, wrinkles, burn scars, and blemishes. The treatment also improves the skin’s tone by fading uneven pigmentation, sun damage, age spots, and skin blemishes. In addition, microdermabrasion, which combines the power of a vacuum suction with exfoliation, reduces the formation of blemishes. The vacuum achieves this by clearing out clogged pores and releasing trapped dirt and oil. This leaves skin more clear, vibrant, and beautiful.
The benefits of microdermabrasion cause skin to become rejuvenated, while promoting new collagen growth and cell renewal. Also, since the dead skin cells on the Stratum Corneum act as a barrier for the skin, once they are removed through microdermabrasion, skin care products will be more fully absorbed into the skin, maximizing their effectiveness. All these microdermabrasion benefits combine to uncover youthful and radiant skin.
The PMD Personal Microderm is an at-home microdermabrasion device that uses Aluminum Oxide Crystals and a vacuum suction to smooth away dead skin cells and literally uncover younger skin. When used just once a week, the PMD will minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, hyperpigmentation and blemishes for a vibrant, youthful complexion.
The PMD Personal Microderm achieves the same amazing results as an in-clinic treatment, but without the hassle or cost. From home, get professional skin-resurfacing results without repeatedly paying for high prices treatments.
PREPARING FOR TREATMENT
Thoroughly cleanse your skin. Make sure that it is free from all make up, dirt, and oils. Once the skin is clean, allow it to dry completely before you begin. A dry skin surface is particularly important because it allows the Microdermal Exfoliator to work properly and effectively. If the skin is damp or clammy, the disc will be unable to smoothly glide over it.
CHOOSING A DISC
Your first treatment should be with the white training disc. This should help you practice before using a real disc. After practicing with the white disc, move on to the blue disc, which is the most gentle. Using the small disc for face and delicate areas and the large disc on your body.
SMALL DISC: For use on the face and delicate areas
LARGE DISC: For use on the body specifically
WHITE TRAINING DISC: Use to test tolerance and to practice using the device
BLUE DISC: Best for sensitive skin
GREEN DISC: Medium strength abrasion
RED DISC: Maximum strength abrasion
INSERTING A DISC
Step 2: Twist on cap, making sure to tighten the cap firmly against the black o-ring on the device.
Step 3: Check to make sure the disc is sitting slightly below the plastic cap.
USING THE DEVICE
Preliminary Step: On the first treatment use the training disc on the neck to test how the skin will react to treatments from the personal microderm. This step does not need to be repeated beyond the first treatment.
Step 2: Use a free hand to pull the skin tight in the treatment area.
Step 3: Move the PMD Personal Microderm in an upward motion across the skin. NOTE: Do not make more than two passes over one area during the treatment.
Step 4: Following the treatment, use a toner to neutralize the ph balance in the skin and a recovery moisturizer. For best results, use the PMD Neuro Neutralizing Toner and PMD Professional Recovery Moisturizer.
Step 5: Let your skin recover. Wait 6-7 days between treatments.
DISASSEMBLING THE DEVICE
Step 2: Pull disc straight off.
Step 3: Pull out dark filter.
Step 1: Clean the cap and the disc with rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) or an antibacterial soap.
Step 2: Clean the filter by running warm water over it and rubbing it between your fingers and thumb.
Step 3: Always remember to place the filter back in the device.
1. Watch the training video first. Read the instructions.
2. Wash the skin so that it is totally free from all make up, oils, lotions and dirt.
3. Make sure the skin is dry.
4. Stretch the skin taut with a hand or finger so that the PMD will glide over the skin.
5. Start with the white training disc. Then use the blue or green depending on your skin type.
6. Test the product on a leg or on the neck to see how the specific skin type reacts to the disc. Wait 3-4 minutes to see if there is any adverse reaction.
7. Keep the tool moving as best as possible.
8. Use the small disc for the face and the large disc for the body.
9. Make sure the disc sits slightly below the top of the cap. By pushing the disc down after the cap is on.
10. Apply sun screen daily during the treatments.
11. Wait a week between treatment. Allow time for the skin to rejuvenate.
12. Clean the cap disc and dark filter with alcohol or antibacterial liquid and let dry.
2. Do not use if on Accutane or consult a physician.
3. Do not use if seeing a physician for serious skin conditions, have extremely sensitive skin or are taking prescriptions without consulting a physician.
4. Do not use directly above or below the eyes.
5. Do not hover in one spot. Use
6. Do not keep going over the same spot multiple times. What the PMD is doing is not always visible. Be patient and learn over 2 to 3 uses how best to apply the treatments on the skin.
7. Do not continue to apply the treatment if you feel pain. Pain will come if you have been too aggressive .You will feel tingling and distinct sensation but it should not be painful. Gauge this on your skin type.
8. Consult a physician if pregnant.
I am IN LOVE with my PMD! I was a little nervous about trying it because I was afraid I would mess up my skin. After watching the video (you can watch it here), I felt a lot more confident in performing my own microdermabrasion. It was super easy and takes practically no time at all! There is only one area you should avoid - around your eyes (above the eye, the eyelid, under your eye, etc. because that is the thinnest skin on your body).
I'm not going to tell you how to perform the PMD since I already put the information directly from their website up above. I can, however, tell you the order of my face cleaning routine. As you have already read, you should only use your PMD once a week so I will give you my once a week face cleaning routine featuring the PMD.
Step 1: Take most of makeup off using a makeup removing wipe
Step 2: Wash face using the Step 1: Advanced Soothing Cleanser and Clairisonic
Step 3: Pat face dry with a clean, dry hand towel (I normally wait about 10 minutes before I begin the next step)
Step 4: Use PMD (using directions above)
Step 5: Apply Step 2: Calming Neuro Neutralizing Toner
Step 6: Apply acne spot treatment to break outs
Step 7: Apply Step 3: Professional Recovery Moisturizer
Step 8: Apply an eye cream
I will list all PMD Personal Microderm's links below:
PMD Followgram (OR search for @pmdpersonalmicroderm on Instagram)
If you are interested in trying out your own PMD, look below for the links.
- If you live in the US or Canada, click here for your PMD.
- If you live internationally, click here for your PMD.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a professional and you should consult your dermatologist or physician before using this product. I was sent this product for reviewing purposes - all opinions are honest and my own. I am not affiliated with this company in any way.