Monday, August 26, 2013

August 2013 Ipsy Bag

Hello beautiful! 

Today I am doing a review on the August ipsy bag. This months bag took a little longer than usual to arrive.. something about DHL losing some shipments. Hopefully IPSY's contract with DHL is almost up so they can move to UPS or FedEx. Anyways, this is only my second bag with ipsy and I am so pleased with what I have gotten so far! I really enjoyed this bag! 

This month's bag was a back to school theme - "Glamour Academy". The bag is purple with a pattern of a makeup coat of arms all over. It reminds me of Harry Potter for some reason!





The items I received in my bag this month are:

NYX Cream Blush in Boho Chic
I love NYX products but I have never tried their cream blushes so I'm excited to play around with it! The color is super pretty, almost like a barbie pink. 

*40% off Tango with Bronzing Powder at nyxcosmetics.com using the code IPSYCHEEKS



































Michael Todd True Organics Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub
As some of you may already know, I was able to review a few products from Michael Todd earlier this year. I was super happy to see another product from them in this bag! I love using facial masks and I've heard really great things about this charcoal mask! The texture isn't super harsh which I'm very happy about! 

*30% off your order at michaeltoddtrueorganics.com using the code AUGIPSY



































Pixi Lash Booster Mascara in Blackest Black
I can't say I was too excited about this product just because I tend to stick to certain mascaras but I will give it a try and see if I end up liking it!

*20% off any purchase at pixibeauty.com using code PIXI+IPSY











Pacifica BB Cream
I've really been enjoying this BB Cream! It's great for days that you are in a hurry and need a little coverage on your face! It's definitely not full coverage but a good concealer will do the trick! 

*20% off any purchase at pacificaperfume.com using the code IPSY20



































Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick Mini in Anarchy
This was my FAVORITE thing in the bag! I was a little shocked when I realized it was a mini though! Was it just me or did they make it seem like it was supposed to be a full sized product? Nevertheless, I LOVE it!! The color is gorgeous and the lipstick itself is super creamy! 

*free shipping on a lipstick purchase at urbandecay.com using the code IPSY

Overall, I thought this was a great bag! Definitely worth the $10 per month! For those of you that don't know about IPSY, it is a monthly makeup subscription service. Each month you will receive a bag filled with 4-5 deluxe samples or full sized products. If you would like to join ipsy, you can do so by using my referral linkWhat's great about this service is that you can skip a month if you don't have the money or just don't want the bag for some reason that month. No penalty whatsoever! As you can see from the products I received in this bag, it's a great bag for only $10! 

There is usually a waiting list for this high demand subscription service but you shouldn't have to wait too long before getting in on the goodies! I was on the list for maybe 2 weeks and I'm so glad I waited! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me! :)


*Disclosure regarding my ipsy referral link: If 2 people sign up through me, I get one free product in a future ipsy bag. (That goes for anyone who is an active member of ipsy or a current waitlister. You only get 1 free product per month meaning that if you have 3 people sign up in the month of August, only 2 of them will count. This process starts over the first of every month.)