- Winged eyeliner. I don't know what it is that makes applying eyeliner so difficult for me but I am absolutely horrible at it! Every once in a while I will build up the nerve to attempt a wing and it goes from looking somewhat decent to some crazy line going up to my freaking eyebrow! Oh, and God forbid one wing look perfect and then I start on the next eye.. It's like the makeup gods forbid me from getting them both right! I hate when they don't match in length or thickness so I keep working on them until they match.. which NEVER happens! I end up washing all of my eye makeup off and starting over! If any of you have a secret technique of how to achieve the perfect winged eyeliner.. PLEASE do share!!
- Applying false lashes. I have only tried this a few times (and I think I'm going to attempt it again soon - fingers crossed!!) I remember how excited I was when I was about to apply them for the first time.. that excitement was quickly replaced with frustration and then anger. I just KNEW that applying false lashes would be super easy after watching all my favorite beauty guru's apply them time and time again. I felt like a pro at applying lashes until I tried to do it myself. The lashes end up on my bottom lash line or in the middle of my eyelid!
- Painting my nails. I have serious issues when it comes to using my left hand. I'm completely flabbergasted when I see how well people can paint their own nails.. mostly because my nails will never, ever, ever look that good in a million years (if I do it myself that is!) My left hand will turn out decent (only because I used my right hand) with only a little bit of nail polish on my cuticles but my right hand will look like my 2 year old son painted it.
- Sticking to a skincare regimen. I have so many skincare products but I don't use it half the time because I always forget to do it! I always apply moisturizer before makeup but when it comes to washing my face, exfoliating, toning, eye creams (or whatever else there may be) before bed every single night.. nope, not me! I'm almost to the point of putting a note on the bathroom mirror just to make sure I do it!
- Contouring. No matter how many tutorials I watch, I still can't get it down! I feel like every single time I apply bronzer there is just a huge line down my cheekbone. I always have to go back with my kabuki brush and blend it out until there is basically nothing left!
There you go! Those were my top 5 beauty things that I suck at! I tag:
- Christine of Simply Stine
- Julie and Ashley of 20/30 Glam
- Ashley Elizabeth
- Mandy of MandysSecrets
- Laura of Laura's All Made Up
Whoever else wants to answer these questions, feel free to!! I'm curious what everyone else sucks at in the beauty world! Be sure to send me a link to your post so that I can see your answers!